In order to
carry out the activities of AIMS International widely as well as
within the campuses of institutes, management institutes can
create Institutional Chapters. While keeping the mission and
vision of AIMS International in mind, an Institutional Chapter
can perform activities like organizing regional conferences,
expert talks, student competitions, social events, and
This will help
students develop managerial skills along with academic caliber
and social development.
- Institute Branding as a Chapter of AIMS International
- Enforced creation of academic environment with focused research, learning and social commitments
- Visibility in the international arena through publicity on the web portal of AIMS International
- Development of managerial skills through event organization
- Additional discount in the registration fee of AIMS International conferences
- Institute/ university must be an Institutional Member valid for a minimum of three years at the time of applying for Institutional Chapter.
http://www.aims-international.org/Membership.html for the requirement and benefits of an Institutional Member.
- A minimum of five individual members valid for a minimum of three years at the time of applying for Institutional Chapter. Please visit
http://www.aims-international.org/Membership.html for the requirements and benefits of an Individual Member.
- Although it is expected that each student must be a member, a minimum of 25 Chapter Student members are required at the time of applying for Institutional Chapter. This is a special category of membership exclusively for Institutional Chapters. They get a 50% discount on membership, and entry fee will be waived. The AIMS International Journal of Management (AIJM) for all members will be delivered to the Faculty Secretary.
Chapter Constitutional Structure:
The following positions are required as per roles defined:
Faculty President: He/ She will be responsible for providing
required infrastructural and financial support required to carry
out the various activities of an Institutional Chapter.
Typically, the Head of the Institute will hold this position.
Faculty Secretary: He/ She will be responsible for,
- Promoting membership
- Planning and Executing various activities along with the student committee
- Serving as a single point of contact between the HO and institute for reporting
- Maintaining accounting records and reporting to the HO
Student President: He/ She will be working as per directions
of the Faculty Secretary and will be responsible for,
- Motivating students to become members of AIMS International
- Building a team to execute activities planned in coordination with the Faculty Secretary
- Supporting the Faculty Secretary in any financial sponsorship required
Student Secretary: He/ She will be working as per directions
of the Faculty Secretary and will be responsible for,
- Monitoring event schedules as planned
- Maintaining accounts of the institutional chapter
- Preparing event reports and submitting these to the media and the Faculty Secretary
The chapter MUST organize the following mandatory activities:
- Regional conference/s: In order to promote research, the institutional chapter must organize at least one regional conference per calendar year. AIMS International will promote this conference through mailers.
- Expert talks: For the academic development of students as well as faculty members of institutional chapters, organize expert talks delivered by subject experts must be organized. AIMS International will be able to organize at least two expert talks through video presentations delivered by experts from reputed institutes of India or abroad. The Institutional Chapter must plan at least one expert talk every two months.
- Student Competition: Various competitions including debates on recent technical/ non-technical topics, group discussions, games related to stock markets and business plans can be executed. Institutes can also plan the Summer Internship Competition, which can be extended to the national competition, AISIC, which is generally organized by AIMS International. It is expected that Institutional Chapter will organize at least one such event every two months.
- Social events: CSR goes hand-in-hand with business. To support our environment and low-income communities, members should involve themselves in activities such as tree plantation, Swachh Abhiyan or cleanliness related activities, blood donation drives, etc. At least two such events should be planned per calendar year.
- Industrial relations: It is very important for students to develop relations with the industrial sector as that is their next stop. To achieve this, the chapter should organize industrial visits to companies of their related sectors. At least one such industrial visit should be organized per calendar year.
Process to Apply for
Email us an application along with,
Cover Letter showing your willingness to start an
institutional chapter, promising to provide the required
resources and plans to organize events as expected
High quality institute logo and small institute write up
(approximately 200 words)
Proof of Membership (Institutional, Individual and
Recommended details (name, email address and contact
number) of Constituting Committee (Faculty President,
Faculty Secretary, Student President and Student
After a quick review, AIMS International (HO) will
send an approval along with an Institutional Chapter
Certificate. HO will also design a special page of the
institutional chapter on the AIMS
Communication Between HO and
Tentative activity plan for a calendar year (within one
month of receiving approval)
Activity report (in word format and 2-3 pictures) within one
week of completion of each activity
Details of all associated members of Institutional Members -
Account for each calendar year – submitted to HO every
Revised details of constituting committee members – within a
week after revision
Terms and Conditions:
In order to execute planned events, a Chapter Institute can
collect donations, registration fees, and contributions from
internal as well as external sources as a Chapter
Institute of AIMS International. Surplus/shortfall, if
any, will be the sole responsibility of the Institute
hosting the Institutional Chapter.
Institutional Chapter will not collect or borrow on behalf
of AIMS International
Wherever required, the Institutional Chapter may use the
logo of AIMS International with the exact same color and
aspect ratio, while maintaining that it is not smaller than
other logos presented along with it.
- If an Institute fails to maintain the required number of
- If an Institute fails to organize the required events
- If an Institute fails to submit accounts on time
- If AIMS receives a request from the Faculty Director to
close the Institutional Chapter